Monday, October 26, 2009

J-Zone On: Strip Clubs


For those not familiar with J-Zone, let me briefly bring you up to speed: A woefully underrated hip hop artist/producer out of Jamaica Queens, New York, J-Zone first captured my attention when I was in high school, providing much of my personal soundtrack for those days. His insane production skills (especially when it comes to sampling - some of the most innovative and entertaining I've ever heard) have kept me a dedicated fan to this day, but it's not just that. Apparent from his clownish and nonchalant style, J-Zone never takes himself too seriously on the mic or in the recording "studio" (his grandmother's basement), which greatly bolsters his already-strong appeal. This applies to the recent blog he has been keeping up, as well, which acts as his personal hub for music/social commentary. Never afraid to speak his mind (one of his most admirable traits), J-Zone offers up his frequently unpopular opinions on everything from Facebook to Kanye West and I must say that it's downright hysterical. Call him a crass, immature, misogynist (claims I wouldn't refute - just listen to his albums), the dude's a fantastic comedic writer, which is why I'm introducing a new and possibly recurring section that highlights various nuggets from his aforementioned blog. Hopefully this will earn Zone some additional, much-needed supporters, as well as entertain and stir up some interesting discussion (as his opinions tend to do). With that said, I now present a snippet of J-Zone's thoughts on strip clubs:

"...I’m not gay, but I don’t see the point in giving a stripper my loot for some janky ass lapdance. Strip clubs are an economically dumb way of catching blue balls, and I never understood the appeal of going to one, ask Pac-Man Jones. I’ll jerk off free of charge, then throw my dollars at Trader Joe’s for some of those tuna steaks. I’ll only throw dollars at a stripper if I can get them back at the end of the night."

(To read this blog post in its entirety, click here.)

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Hey, that isn't exactly movie related. Maybe this feature should go on BLC.

    For what it's worth, bringing women to the gentleman's club is the bomb. Especially really cheap ones where a dollar will get you far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, not all your BLC posts are comedic, do I go busting YOUR chops?

    I'm with Zone on this one. Apart from what he mentions (having to drop hard-earned cash when you can jerk off for free), there's something disgustingly zoological about the atmosphere. Being in the same room as a bunch of other horny dudes, all getting aroused at the same time...pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure NONE of my BLC posts are remotely comedic.

    ReplyDelete